If it takes a village to raise a child, then how many people does it take to make a movie? That’s what we’re about to find out, and we’re going to need your help to get there. On October 10th, we’re going to be throwing the doors wide open on our highly anticipated crowdfunding campaign, to give you the chance to join Team AJA, and show that you know that women can be just as funny as men. We’re in the process right now of assembling a fabulous selection of perks to show our appreciation for your investment (including the chance to have some custom comedy written just for you!) and can’t wait to share them. Onwards and upwards!
Why Should You Share Your Hard Earned Dollars With Us?
Although just publicly surfacing now, All Joking Aside has actually already been a work-in-progress for more than two years already, and when you add to that the 6 months we’ll spend in active production and post-production, and the year or so that we’ll spend marketing and selling it, it very quickly becomes a 4 year endeavor. With no direct government funding and no studio support, we are financing this production 100% independently, which means that our team’s investment can not only be measured in weeks and months but dollars and cents as well. From day one, the dedicated team that is putting this project has been doing it for their love of filmmaking, and passion for telling good stories where nothing explodes and the story isn’t just a front for selling toys. All of our cast and crew are experienced professionals who will be working for drastically reduced rates, simply because they love the story and want to be a part of bringing it to life. By making a contribution here today, you’re helping us feed and supply all of these talented folks, and for that, you deserve a pat on the back.
We are proud to be making a film that features a strong female lead (who isn’t a hooker or a stripper), that is directed by a talented woman making her feature debut, and who will be at the head of a crew equally populated by women and men (and we pass the Bechdel Test to boot!). In an era where some women are increasingly feeling that their voices aren’t being heard, we’d like to see our audience connect not only with the story that we’re telling, but also to walk away feeling empowered to tell their own stories, with a microphone, a camera, or whatever suits them best. To that end, we’re very excited about our #CustomComedy perks that you’ll see listed below, from which partial proceeds will go to two comedy-related non-profits who are using to stand-up to make the world a better place.
All prices in Canadian dollars, the appropriate exchange rates for international customers will be calculated by Paypal.
Where Will Your Dollars Go?
Here’s a rough breakdown of how we’ll apportion the money we take in:
I’m Already Pretty Damn Funny, What Else Have You Got?
Here’s just a sampling:
- – So you think you’re funny? Maybe you should be writing for us? Here’s your chance to share your brilliant wit with the world, and see your joke or short bit done by one of the comedian characters in the film. We’ll shoot your material in front of our live audience on set, and if time constraints prevent us from being able to include it as a part of the film itself, it’ll be featured during the credit sequence. Nothing R-rated, please.
- – To prepare for all that writing, you should really treat yourself this journal that’s designed to inspire and motivate stand up comedians to write every day, specifically with the goal of generating material for jokes and premises. Great for comedians of all levels, including aspiring comedians. Created with love by comedian and writer Andy Erikson: www.andyerikson.com
- -Try out GOLD Comedy’s unparalleled online comedy course and then take what you’ve learned to the next level with a half hour consultation with one of their expert instructors.
- – Looking to break into stand-up and got a million questions about how to make a living as a working comedian? Maybe what you need is an hour-long consultation with Yuk Yuk’s owner Mark Breslin, who for more than 40 years has been running Canada’s largest chain of comedy clubs. In that time, Mark’s seen it all and helped shepherd the careers of numerous young comics, who knows what he could do for you?
- – Wanna go see some live stand-up? We’ve got you covered for that too, with tickets available for Yuk Yuk’s, Zanie’s (Illinois locations only), The Lady Laughs Comedy Festival, and the All Jane Comedy Festival.
- – You know a lot about movies, don’t you? Don’t miss your chance to have your voice heard by becoming part of our exclusive group of online rough cut viewers, and give us your notes on what you think is and isn’t working so we can make the best film possible.
- – Want to become a big boss with zero effort and impress all of your friends? Well, we’ve got two words for you: Executive Producer. Just imagine seeing your name up on the big screen and on all of our marketing material and all the places you’re new found authority will take you. Now stop imagining and go invest in your future!
Learn more about:
Follow us on SOCIAL MEDIA:
Taxes are applied to all items. Unfortunately, we’ve been talking to our e-commerce provider and we cannot take the tax out of single donations with no perks. We will issue refunds for the GST/tax that is applied to a single donation.
|Jason Hope||$30.00||November 15, 2018|
|Dylan Jenkinson||$78.75||October 31, 2018|
|Reagan Sutherland||$21.00||October 28, 2018|
|David Pauwels||$21.00||October 26, 2018|
|Anonymous||$157.50||October 26, 2018|
|Valerie Lennox||$52.50||October 26, 2018|
|John Woods||$52.50||October 26, 2018|
|Anathea Simpkins||$25.00||October 26, 2018|
|Tito Kamel||$131.25||October 26, 2018|
|Anonymous||$5.25||October 25, 2018|
|Joe Cell It 17 Balass||$21.00||October 25, 2018|
|Jessica Bradford||$21.00||October 25, 2018|
|Radhika Nayak||$25.00||October 25, 2018|
|Cody Oates||$30.00||October 25, 2018|
|Anonymous||$200.00||October 23, 2018|
|Thomas Pickering||$750.00||October 22, 2018|
|Tony Nichols||$100.00||October 22, 2018|
|Gregory Funk||$125.00||October 21, 2018|
|Ulla Laidlaw||$21.00||October 20, 2018|
|Anonymous||$21.00||October 19, 2018|
|Aaron Fryer||$52.50||October 19, 2018|
|Byron Fudge||$63.00||October 17, 2018|
|Samantha Johns||$30.00||October 16, 2018|
|Iris Berkman||$200.00||October 14, 2018|
|Joel Ornoy||$1,071.00||October 11, 2018|
|Anonymous||$21.00||October 10, 2018|
|Alex Voong||$21.00||October 10, 2018|
|Amit Tandon||$63.00||October 10, 2018|
|Anonymous||$10.00||October 10, 2018|